Adventures in Wonderland
Adventures in Wonderland, a set of learning threads of reusable modules created from Insight Maker Models and YouTube Videos, is intended to further understanding of a systemic perspective and promote thinking and acting systemically.
Adventures in Wonderland represents an approach for devleopment of concept modules that can be used to create learning threads. Based on this concept a number of learning threads were developed, Virtual Systemic Inquiry being one of them. The difficulty that arose was that while the videos actually represented concept modules the wiki pages the videos were embedded in became learning thread specific, e.g., Virtual Systemic Inquiry/Virtual Collaboration, and therefore not reusable in other learning threads. Fortunately it seems there is an approach for sequencing that overcomes this historical difficulty.
After considering the DC Metro Map it was quite easy to consider a learning thread similar to a particular route on the map [IM-2879]. With this association the individual stations on a route equate to the concepts which make up the learning thread. The remaining question then became how to keep the individual wiki page from becoming learning thread specific so it could be reused in multiple threads.
Strangely enough, though not so strange in retrospect, the answer to this arose from considering an individual learning concept in the context of a complete learning thread, e.g., Systemic Strategy. Sounds sort of systemic doesn't it? Duh! The page where the thread begins defines all the concepts that are part of that thread. Then on an individual concept page subduing the sequencing to be part of the Related Concepts section, e.g., System, Systems Thinking, makes it relatively easy to allow the page to be part of multiple learning threads. And with very little effort the videos can be made concept centered so as to be reusable also.
- Adventures in Wonderland
- One Plus One Equals? IM-1551
- Virtual Systemic Inquiry/Virtual Collaboration
- Virtual Systemic Inquiry
- DC Metro Map IM-2887
- Learning Threads IM-2879
- Systemic Strategy
- Systems Thinking
- Enabling a Better Tomorrow v2 - Completed restarted on 12.11.27. Be sure to review Adventures in Wonderland
- Systemic Strategy
- Systemic Strategy/Examples - wip 5% complete
- Modeling & Simulation with Insight Maker
- Systems Archetypes - wip 50% complete
- Virtual Systemic Inquiry
- Create Learning Thread. The SystemsWiki entry point page along with the thread outline.
- Introduction. A YouTube video presenting an overview of the learning thread and embed it in the entry point page. At this point there has to be an outline of the learning thread though it is expected that all the components have not been developed.
- Learning Thread Discussion. Initiate the Learning Thread discussion in Systems Thinking World on LinkedIn.
- Place a notification in the STW Update.
- Provide an invitation via Twitter and other discussion groups.
- Because STW is an open group people outside STW my follow the discussion though they will have to be a member of STW to contribute to the discussion.
- Place a link in the discussion to the SystemsWiki focus page.
- Place a link to the discussion into the SystemsWiki focus page.
- Facilitate Discussions. Interact with participants by responding to questions and capturing thoughts that can be used to enhance the learning thread.
- Repeat Until Done.
- Post Thread Component. Every few days, depending on the level of interaction on the discussion thread, post the next installment of the learning thread.
- Facilitate Discussions. Respond to posts and post thought provoking questions to foster exchanges. An associated Twitter exchange will be conducted as appropriate.
- Capture Thoughts. One of the purposes of the interactions are to capture perspectives to enhance the learning thread.
- End The Tread. Explicitly close the learning thread and discussion though leave it in place for future reference.
- Adventures In Wonderland/Development Notes
- Khan Academy
- Learning Threads Relations Map IM-2907 Under Evaluation
- Learning Threads Relations Map IM-2910 Geoff McDonnell Version
- Learning Threads Video
- Learning Progressions in Science Converence 2009
- Learning Progressions and Assessment by Alonzo & Gotwals
- Challenges in defining and validating an astronomy learning progression by Plummer
- Learning Progressions for Environmental Science Literacy by Anderson
Systems Thinking World Discussions
Systems Thinking World Q&A * Gene Bellinger